Your privacy is very important to us. We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights and we won’t ask you for unnecessary information. We will only send you emails if you have subscribed to one of our lists and will always provide the option to unsubscribe at any time.
Website Visitors Personal Data We Collect
Purpose and type of non-personally-identifying data collected
Like most website operators, Adventure Cafe collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Adventure Cafe’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Adventure Cafe visitors use its website. From time to time, Adventure Cafe may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Purpose and Type of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to the Adventure Cafe website choose to interact with Adventure Cafe in ways that require Adventure Cafe to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Adventure Cafe gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who want to be on our subscriber list or want to contact us to provide their email address. In each case, Adventure Cafe collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Adventure Cafe. We collect and process the following categories of Personal Data (note, specific Personal Data elements listed in each category are only examples and may change):
- Identity Data: Personal Data about you and your identity, such as your name, driver’s license or passport number (for international travel), username, and other Personal Data you may provide on registration or purchase forms or as part of an account profile (e.g. biographical information).
- Transaction Data: Personal Data we collect in connection with a transaction or purchase, such as a information on the reservation you made, the price, your billing address, zip code, credit card information (stored securely with our third party payment service provider), and other similar information.
- Waiver Form Data: Personal data we collect from any waivers that must be signed to attend our local and international trips including our Adventure Cafe waiver and any third party waiver such as name, email, consent given, age, and other similar information.
- Contact Data: Personal Data used to contact an individual, e.g. email address(es), physical address(es), phone number(s), or social media or communications platform usernames/handles, as well as a name or other salutation. This includes information of any other guests you provide to us in connection with a booking for yourself and others.
- Financial Data: Personal Data relating to financial accounts or services, e.g. a credit card or other financial account number, and other relevant information you provide in connection with a financial transaction. All financial data is stored in secure ssl encrypted third party payment service providers.
- Device Data: Personal Data relating to your device, browser, or application e.g. IP addresses, MAC addresses, application ID/AdID/IDFA, identifiers from cookies, session navigation history, and similar browsing metadata, and other data generated through applications and browsers, including cookies and similar technologies on our site and third party platforms we use.
- Preferences Data: Personal Data relating to your preferences, interests, personal demographics (e.g. location of residence, age group, gender, etc.), your “likes,” and other information provided to us via social media services and advertising technologies, including any other categories of information (such as Transaction Data or Identity Data linked to such information.)
- Special Category Data: health data such as allergies or conditions that might need special attention during trips, passport information, or other similar information. Adventure Cafe is liable for any health complications that occur on our trips whether or not they are disclosed prior to the trip. We will, however, do our best to accommodate guests with special health needs within reason.
Processing of Personal Data
Adventure Cafe does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We process Transaction Data, Identity Data, Financial Data, Waiver Form Data, Device Data, Preferences Data and certain Contact Data when you visit and interact with our site, talk with us or our call centers and support lines on the phone or via chat or email, apply for or make a reservation or booking for travel, activities, or events, or complete a purchase through our Digital Services or over the phone, chat, or email. Note, some transactions are made directly through us via our website, email, or phone lines, and others are processed by a third party on our behalf. In addition, we may receive this data from third parties (such as travel agents or resellers) that may retain control over your personal data.
We may use the data we collect for the following purposes as necessary:
- To complete and provide you with important information regarding your transaction (such as cancellations, emergency alerts, pickup locations, etc.)
- Internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information
- We may use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- To process transactions that you request/purchase
- To improve our products and services and to create a personalized user experience, in connection with marketing communications and behavioral advertising
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
- where you apply for employment (full-time or part-time) with us; to consider your employment application
- To personalize and/or serve you advertisements via email, direct mail, third party advertisers, or other advertising platforms.
- To share insights with our partners
- To enhance the security of our website, app, or other services
Note: For certain reservations and trips you may purchase, we may collect Special Category Data, such as health data, passport information, or other similar information. We collect this information as and when required by governmental authorities, travel agents, gate agents, and other similar parties. We process this only as necessary for legal compliance, as necessary to fulfill a contract/transaction you request, in connection with your vital interests, or in accordance with your consent. For example, we allow guests to provide health data on some trips so that we can better ensure your safety, or accommodate dietary restrictions. Similarly, we may require passport information so that we can ensure that travelers are able to travel, and as may be required by applicable law.
Adventure Cafe may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Adventure Cafe may use questions and customer inquiries to better serve all of our customers. Adventure Cafe may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Adventure Cafe does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection and sharing of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Adventure Cafe discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Adventure Cafe behalf or to provide services available at the Adventure Cafe website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Adventure Cafe website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Adventure Cafe will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Adventure Cafe discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Adventure Cafe believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Adventure Cafe, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered Adventure Cafe subscriber and have supplied your email address, Adventure Cafe may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Adventure Cafe and our products and offers. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Adventure Cafe takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website or open a new window to other websites, you should note that we do not have control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. These sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
If Adventure Cafe, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Adventure Cafe goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Adventure Cafe may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We retain information for so long as it, in our discretion, remains relevant to its purpose, and in any event, for so long as is required by law. We will review retention periods periodically, and may sometimes pseudonymize or anonymize data held for longer periods, if appropriate.
Change of Ownership
If the owner of the Website or any of its assets are acquired, or in the event that it goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information could be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and consent to the use of your personal information by any acquirer or successor in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Controlling Your Personal Information
Subject to the rights granted to other individuals, and our rights to limit or deny access/disclosure under applicable law, you have the following rights in your Personal Data. Note, we may require that you provide additional Personal Data to exercise these rights, e.g. information necessary to prove your identity. You may exercise your rights by contacting us (re: data rights requests, except where noted):
- Access: You may receive a list of your Personal Data that we process to the extent required and permitted by law.
- Rectification: You may correct any Personal Data that we hold about you to the extent required and permitted by law. For Registration Data, you may be able to make changes via your account settings menu.
- Data Export: To the extent required by applicable law, we will send you a copy of your Personal Data in a common portable format of our choice.
- Erasure: To the extent required by applicable law, you may request that we delete your Personal Data from our systems.
- Direct Marketing: Residents of California (and others as required by applicable law inside or outside the United States) may request a list of Personal Data we have disclosed about you to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request must be written, signed, and mailed to us unless otherwise required by applicable law (mailing address: 85 Delancey Street Fl 2 New York, New York 10002.)
- Regulator Contact: You have the right to contact or file a complaint with regulators or supervisory authorities about our processing of Personal Data. To do so, please contact your local data protection or consumer protection authority.
It is possible for you to use some of our Digital Services without providing any Personal Data, but you may not be able to access certain features or view certain content. You have the following choices regarding the Personal Data we process:
- Consent: If you consent to processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time, to the extent required by law.
- Direct Marketing: You have the choice to opt-out of or withdraw your consent to processing related to direct marketing communications from Adventure Cafe. You may have a legal right not to receive such messages in certain circumstances, in which case, you will only receive direct marketing communications if you consent. You may exercise your choice via the links in our communications or by contacting us via email (email@example.com – re: direct marketing).
- Location Data: You may control or limit Location Data that we collect using our Mobile App and Internet by changing your preferences in your device’s location services preferences menu, or through your choices regarding the use of Bluetooth, WiFi, and other network interfaces you may use to interact with our Digital Services.
- Profiling & Personalization: You may opt out of the creation or other processing of Preferences Data by automated means, and object to processing for personalization purposes, to the extent applicable law gives you the right to do so. To exercise this right, please contact us re: data rights requests. Note that we may not be required to cease processing based solely on an objection. Also note that opting out of some profiling and personalization might make you not be able to attend our trips or use our services if that certain information is required by us or our partners.
Other Processing: You may have the right under applicable law to object to our processing of your Personal Data for certain purposes. You may do so by contacting us re: data rights requests. Note that we may not be required to cease certain processing based solely on an objection.
Text Marketing and notifications:
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initializing a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 15 per month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.